Nomex® Thread by Dupont (40 yards on a metal bobbin)
- Fire Retardant / Heat Resistant Thread
- TEX 24-60 fits most professional and home sewing machines.
- Great for minor auto racing suit alterations and repairs
- No returns accepted on Nomex thread.
Nomex thread colors:
- Orange Tex-40 (DPN17-073)
- Red Tex-40 (DPN17-159)
- Yellow Tex-40 (DPN17-161)
- Copper Tex-35 (DPN17-511)
- Black Tex-40 (DPN17-132)
- White Tex-40 (DPN17-160)
- Pink Tex-60 (DPN17-512)
- Light Blue Tex-35 (DPN17-510)
- Blue Tex-40 (DPN17-158)
- Tan Tex-35 (DPN17-516)
- Camo Green Tex-40 (DPN17-284)
- Sage Green Tex-40 (DPN17-286)
- Forest Green Tex-40 (DPN17-298)
- Kelly Green Tex-24 (DPN17-283)
- Gray/Silver Tex-27 (DPN17-515)
Excellent resistance to heat exposure (Nomex thread is not fire proof). Highly resistant to many chemicals and most organic solvents. Excellent mildew and abrasion resistance. Flame-resistant characteristics remain after laundering or dry cleaning. Please note: actual color may vary from picture due to computer setting. Details on Nomex can be found on the DuPont website. Web search "DuPont Nomex" without the quotes.
Due to the relative inconsistencies of various display monitors, the colors you see on your screen may not be a totally accurate reproduction of the actual product. We strive to make our colors as accurate as possible, but screen images are intended as a guide only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct.
Tidbits for the curious
Tex System: The Tex system was created as a standard of consistent thread measurement. The Tex standard uses 1,000 meters of thread per gram as the starting point. This means if 1,000 meters of thread weighs one gram, it is Tex 1. If 1,000 meters of thread weighs 25 grams, it is Tex 25.
Fine Tex Threads...Tex 9 to Tex 20
Medium Tex Threads...Tex 21 to Tex 70
Heavy Tex Threads...Tex 71 and higher.